Mexican filmmaker Luis Alcoriza’s 1962 Mexican comedy Tlayucan earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film. The film, based on a novel by Jesús Murciélago Velázquez, starred the biggest names in Mexican cinema including Andrés Soler, Noé Murayama and Anita Blanch.
Best Foreign Language Film, Tlayucan, 35th Academy Awards, Nominated
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro