Mexican filmmaker Luis Alcoriza’s 1962 Mexican comedy Tlayucan earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film. The film, based on a novel by Jesús Murciélago Velázquez, starred the biggest names in Mexican cinema including Andrés Soler, Noé Murayama and Anita Blanch.
Best Foreign Language Film, Tlayucan, 35th Academy Awards, Nominated
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize