News & Politics
By Mariela Rosario | 03/25/2010 - 17:00 | 5 Comments
Calle 13 gave a free concert in Cuba yesterday that attracted tens of thousands of fans from all over the island to the Jose Marti Anti-Imperialist Plaza in the capital city of Havana. Assuring the fans that he was there to talk about “sex, religion and politics,” the provocative leader of the band, Residente (aka René Pérez...
By Elayne Fluker | 03/01/2010 - 15:12 | 1 Comment
Just one and half months after a devastating earthquake hit Haiti, another, measuring an 8.8 magnitude, hit the South American country of Chile this weekend, killing a reported 708 people and leaving 1.5 million without power in the capital of Santiago. Rescuers worked through the night on Saturday to help free people who may be trapped in a 15-story building in Concepcion...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize