By Samantha Leal | 09/18/2012 - 17:00 | 0 Comments
A family in Chajul, Guatamela, looking to start home renovations, discovered their home held quite the secret. Underneath their walls, they found paintings. Now, five years later, those paintings have been identified as an authentic Mayan mural by National Geographic, centuries old and preserved under layers of plaster.
Scientists are now racing against time to...
By Mariela Rosario | 01/28/2010 - 14:36 | 2 Comments
Mexican archaeologists recently discovered a tomb dating back to the time of the demise of the Mayan civilization. Scientists are hoping that clues found within the tomb may help explain the mysterious disappearance of one of Mexico's most advanced ancient civilizations.
Archaeologist Juan Yadeun...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize