Los Amigos Invisibles
By Grace Bastidas | 03/16/2011 - 09:30 | 0 Comments
Los Amigos Invisibles’ primary songwriter and guitarist, Jose Luis Pardo (aka DJ Afro), is making his solo debut this week with Free (Nacional), an eclectic album that coasts a wide musical landscape. So what can we expect from the man responsible for many of the hits that made the Venezuelan...
By Grace Bastidas | 02/04/2011 - 12:51 | 0 Comments
Venezuelan party starters Los Amigos Invisibles are celebrating their 20th anniversary this year. Yes, that’s right, the sextet’s fusion-fueled grooves have been filling dance floors for the last two decades! They’re marking the occasion with a cross-country tour that kicks off on Monday. We had a chance to chat with primary songwriter and...
By Grace Bastidas | 04/01/2010 - 11:30 | 0 Comments
Last year, the Manchester, Tennessee–based Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival showcased Africa's booming music scene in a special tent devoted to artists from all over the continent, including Nigeria and Mali. And this year, it's Latin America's turn to shake up the annual summer fiesta, scheduled from June 10–13.
Tomas Cookman and...
- Yahoo Buys Tumblr For $1.1B, Its Most Expensive Acquisition In A Decade
- NYC Man Charged For Murder In Gay Hate Crime
- Immigration Reform Faces Threat From Drug Cartel Towns
- San Antonio Spurs Scorch Memphis Grizzlies In Game 1
- Miguel’s Kicking Performance At The Billboard Awards Leaves Fan With A Headache