By Latina Staff | 07/18/2011 - 15:21 | 5 Comments
There definitely won’t be a shortage of hot guys at this year’s Premios Juventud (Thursday, June 21st on Univision). A who’s who from music, film and TV will be there and the ridiculously gorgeous William Levy will be hosting. With so many men to...
By Mariela Rosario | 07/16/2011 - 08:00 | 11 Comments
We may have been surprised by the news that Jennifer Lopez and hubby Marc Anthony have decided to "end their marriage" but not everyone is, judging by the Facebook reaction to the news! And it is true that both Puerto Rican...
By Latina Staff | 07/15/2011 - 20:00 | 6 Comments
Ahhh, love—so exciting and new! Until, all of a sudden, it's not anymore.
Unfortunately, all weddings do not end in happily ever after. As Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony can attest—they announced they’re calling it quits today!—it's harder to maintain marital bliss than it seems. At least they can take some consolation in the fact that they...
By Amaris Castillo | 07/15/2011 - 15:30 | 25 Comments
I am a young Latina with a 74-year-old roommate—my grandmother! My abuela is quite the character. She can stroll into the house after Sunday Mass and easily toss a string of vulgarities at me, well, just because.
One day we were waiting to order some fast food when an employee accidentally spilled soda on her feet. The earth stopped moving. I knew this...
By Amaris Castillo | 07/15/2011 - 10:05 | 0 Comments
Sgt. First Class Leroy Petry, the Latino soldier who was awarded a Medal of Honor by President Obama this past Tuesday for saving the lives of two fellow Army Rangers, spoke to Jon Stewart in an exclusive interview yesterday. Petry, whose mother is Mexican American, was shot in both legs and lost a...
By Mariela Rosario | 07/14/2011 - 16:24 | 2 Comments
In a not surprising, but still important revelation, a report was released today demonstrating that the birth rate among Latinos has surpassed immigration as the main means of growth of the U.S. Hispanic population.
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'