Gift Giving with a Personal Touch
12/01/2011 - 10:00 ||
Every gift list has challenges. Guessing someone else’s fashion taste, shopping for a picky sister, tracking down out-of-stock items can be stressful. This year, why not make it easier by yourself by choosing the personalized gift anyone will love—photos! Today’s quality printers make it easier than ever to get creative.
- Give everyone a framed copy of your favorite family shot.
- Create a collage that captures memorable moments—say, your mom with each of her children, a roundup of your godchild’s first birthday pics.
- Make a scrapbook for Dad that highlights family vacations all through the years (print out write-ups of everyone’s funniest memories to include alongside the pics).
- Need a teacher gift? Print photos from a class trip, glue them onto plain white cards from a craft store… and voila! Instant personalized stationery.
- Check out your loved ones’ Facebook pages (especially the younger set) and select some prime shots. You can print out these photos to frame, enlarge them into posters—even try gluing one onto a sturdy wooden block for a fun and funky paperweight.
- Showcase a child’s photo with a handprint in a fun frame—for parents, grandparents, aunt and uncles.
- Personalized photo calendars are ideal for anyone! Select 12-months of pictures of your favorite party shots for girlfriends, pictures of the grandchildren for Grandma, great couples’ shots for the love of your life
Are any of your gifts on back order till after the holidays? Print a picture-perfect photo of the item and wrap it in a gift box until the “real thing” arrives. You’ll see a picture is worth a thousand “thank you’s.”