By Sugey Palomares | 08/22/2012 - 18:00 | 0 Comments
We all know ethnic stereotypes carry be quite negative, but a new study claims that the stereotypical Latino roles of maids, sexy vixens, and criminals we see in Hollywood may play a huge role in how the mass population views Latinos.
According to new research conducted by the University of Cincinnati...
By Sugey Palomares | 08/21/2012 - 16:00 | 0 Comments
While students across the U.S. prepare for fall semester, a new study by the Pew Research Center confirms that Latinos are now the largest minority group enrolled in 4-year colleges. According to the center’s evaluation of the 2010 Census results, over 2...
By Samantha Leal | 08/08/2012 - 09:35 | 0 Comments
The Migration Policy Institute now states that 350,000 more undocumented immigrants could qualify for deferred deportation when President Barack Obama's new policy takes effect August 15. This estimate raises the number of possible undocumented immigrants able to avoid deportation to just under 1.8 million, according to the ...
By Samantha Leal | 08/06/2012 - 13:00 | 0 Comments
Undocumented youths are being targeted by scams, claiming to put them on a priority list for application approval of deportation reprieve, reports the Huffington Post. The reprieve, announced by President Obama in June, will...
By Viviana Hurtado | 07/26/2012 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
The senseless violence in Aurora, Colorado after James Holmes allegedly shot and killed twelve people at a midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises has many Americans calling for drastically stricter gun laws. Except President Obama and likely Republican challenger ...
By Samantha Leal | 07/24/2012 - 08:46 | 0 Comments
A new poll shows that President Obama's stance concerning immigration and law hasn't reached as many Latinos as one might think.
The poll, conduced by Latino Decisions for the Liberal Center for American Progress action Fund...
By Samantha Leal | 07/20/2012 - 13:00 | 0 Comments
Michelle Obama on Immigration Reform: "There is Nothing More Critical Than Keeping Families Together"
By Samantha Leal | 07/17/2012 - 08:47 | 0 Comments
As her husband President Barack Obama tries to win reelection, Michelle Obama aired her thoughts on immigration to Univision, saying "there is nothing more critical than keeping families together." This comes after Michelle participated in an internet-broadcast discussion with six Hispanic mothers and their thoughts on health care reform...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'