Many Latinas grew up hearing their fair share of locuras -- old wives' tales that everyone's abuela insisted were the truth! We all know these superstitions can't possibly be real, but we still believe them -- and fear them.
Here are 10 Latin superstitions we all grew up believing. Do have any to add? Share in the comments!
1. #1: Never place your purse on the floor.
2. #2: Azabache bracelets can ward off the mal de ojo.
3. #3: The Rules Of Threes
4. #4: The power of an upside down broom.
5. #5: Don’t pass the salt!
6. #6: Never gift knives at a wedding.
7. #7: Itchy palms mean $$$ is in your future.
8. #8: Don’t cut your baby’s hair until they turn one-year-old.
9. #9: Got the hiccups? Try the red thread method.
Everyone has their own approach to getting rid of the hiccups, but some Latinos believe that licking a red string and placing it on your forehead will rid your body of the annoying fluctuations.