Many Children of Immigrants Don’t Know They’re Already U.S. Citizens
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 08/15/2013 - 08:15 |
We meet them in school, on the job and on the streets -- the young Latino who was born here, but has lived their life undocumented.
According to the Latin American Herald Tribune, this is the case with many Latinos who were born in this country to undocumented immigrant parents.
LAHT reports that this population of people living undocumented find out they are already U.S. citizens once they begin the process of regularizing their immigration situation.
“Sometimes, the immigrant parents don’t know that when they became citizens their minor children automatically also become U.S. citizens," said Lisa Pray, an attorney in Fort Morgan, Colorado.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims
- Jared Polis Goes On Epic Tirade In Defense Of Dreamers
- Mexico City Arena Hosting NBA Game Evacuated Due To Smoke (UPDATED: Game Postponed)
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)