World's Largest Floating Christmas Tree Lights Up Brazil's Capital!
By Sugey Palomares | 12/07/2012 - 15:33 |
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Brazil. The country’s capital Rio de Janeiro officially hit the lights on the world’s largest floating Christmas tree over the weekend.
Thousands of holiday lovers and tourists gathered for the spectacular event, which included a firework show before the famous tree lighting. The festive lighting had a theme of the four seasons this year and included 3.1 million light bulbs.
The tree was developed by the Brazilian insurance company, Bradesco Seguro, and is nearly 280 feet tall and weighs 542 tons.
Talk about having a feliz navidad!
Watch the official tree lighting below and let us know if you're a fan!
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)
- Junot Diaz Speaks Out After Insults To His Dominican-ness
- School Science Project Goes Terribly Wrong, Hospitalizing Students
- Erika Andiola: Stop Deportations First, Then Fight For Legislation