U.S. District Judge Under Review For Racially Charged Comments
By Fox News Latino | 06/14/2013 - 13:18 |
An appeals court justice under fire for saying Hispanics and African-Americans were “predisposed to crime” is under investigation for her comments.
A council of federal judges in Washington said it will review a misconduct complaint against Judge Edith Jones of the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for allegedly making inflammatory comments during a speech in February.
Jones said Hispanics and African-Americans were "prone to commit acts of violence" and be involved in more violent and "heinous" crimes than people of other ethnicities.
Read more on Fox News Latino.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad To Be Inducted Into Boxing Hall Of Fame
- IAEA assures Mexican public after radioactive material located
- EU fines 5 banks, broker $2.3 bn for rigging key interest rates
- Work Continues To Save Whales In Florida's Everglades
- Montana Rape Case Judge: I've Become A 'Lightning Rod' But I Shouldn't Be Punished
- What Gloria Estefan Revealed About Shakira's Crossover Years
- Artists Transform Old Chinatown Beauty Parlor Into A Creative Playground
- 11 Imaginary Republican Enemies That Could Give Bigfoot A Run For Its Money
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims