Breaking News: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 07/13/2013 - 21:22 |
The jury in the Trayvon Martin murder trial has reached a verdict. George Zimmerman has been found not guilty and is now acquitted in the death of the 17-year-old.
CNN aired the verdict live tonight and each juror declared that they found Zimmerman not guilty. The judge in the case declared that Zimmerman "no longer had any business with this court" and his GPS tracking device would be removed. Martin's parents were not in the court room while the verdict was read.
According to CNN, the six-person jury had three choices: to find Zimmerman guilty of second-degree murder; to find him guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter; or to find him not guilty.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Hey Fox News, Here Are 13 Ways To Wage An Actual War On Christmas
- Pitbull's New Song 'La Noche No Termina' Includes Shout Out To Sofia Vergara
- Principal Put On Leave After Trying To Forbid Spanish In Classroom
- Plane Crash In Puerto Rico Leaves Two Dead
- Harry Reid Rails Against Joe Heck On Immigration Reform