Breaking News: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 07/13/2013 - 21:22 |
The jury in the Trayvon Martin murder trial has reached a verdict. George Zimmerman has been found not guilty and is now acquitted in the death of the 17-year-old.
CNN aired the verdict live tonight and each juror declared that they found Zimmerman not guilty. The judge in the case declared that Zimmerman "no longer had any business with this court" and his GPS tracking device would be removed. Martin's parents were not in the court room while the verdict was read.
According to CNN, the six-person jury had three choices: to find Zimmerman guilty of second-degree murder; to find him guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter; or to find him not guilty.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder