Republican Donors Send Letter to GOP Urging Action on Immigration - Page 3
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 07/30/2013 - 10:45 |
According to The New York Times, the letter argues that refusing to change the immigration system would amount to “de facto amnesty.”
The letter also says that supporting an immigration overhaul would be both smart policy and smart politics, and argues that Republicans and immigrants should be natural allies.
“This is our way of saying there are some Republican leaders who want to see the problem solved," said Gutierrez.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims
- Jared Polis Goes On Epic Tirade In Defense Of Dreamers
- Mexico City Arena Hosting NBA Game Evacuated Due To Smoke (UPDATED: Game Postponed)
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)