NYPD Officer Reprimanded for Speaking Spanish While On Duty - Page 3
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/24/2013 - 13:00 |
Anthony Miranda, chairman of the National Latino Officers Association and a retired NYPD officer, is concerned that the policy will allow supervisors to unfairly target minority-group officers they don’t like. Guzman's case could be a perfect example as she was written up, but the officer she responded to who also spoke in Spanish, was not.
The reprimand will remain on Guzman's personal file for the rest of her NYPD career.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'