NYPD Officer Reprimanded for Speaking Spanish While On Duty - Page 3
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/24/2013 - 13:00 |
Anthony Miranda, chairman of the National Latino Officers Association and a retired NYPD officer, is concerned that the policy will allow supervisors to unfairly target minority-group officers they don’t like. Guzman's case could be a perfect example as she was written up, but the officer she responded to who also spoke in Spanish, was not.
The reprimand will remain on Guzman's personal file for the rest of her NYPD career.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder