Nine Other NYPD Officers Reprimanded for Speaking Spanish - Page 2
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/26/2013 - 08:22 |
The NYPD could not immediately confirm the numbers of officers who have been reprimanded for breaking the policy, but Police Commissioner Ray Kelly is staning behind in support of the rule, stating that federal law dictates it. "It’s anti-discrimination laws that say that there is a English-only requirement in the workplace,” Kelly said.
Kelly also noted that no other disciplinary action against Guzman was put in place beyond putting the reprimand in her file.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'
- Civil Rights Groups Ask Texas Police To Stop Using Tasers On Students
- Mexico World Cup Draw: El Tri Lands In Group A With Brazil, Croatia And Cameroon