Marco Rubio Takes on Immigration and Conservative Criticism
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/27/2013 - 10:10 |
Sen. Marco Rubio, the conservative who has been pushing for immigration reform, took the Senate floor on Wednesday to defend his "Gang of Eight" immigration bill from critics that feel he's betrayed them.
The Huffington Post reports that Rubio has come under fire for joining a bipartisan group pushing for comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
"Getting to this point has been very difficult," Rubio said. "To hear the worry, anxiety and growing anger in the voices of so many people who helped me get elected to the Senate, who I agree with on virtually every other issue, has been a real trial for me."
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims
- Jared Polis Goes On Epic Tirade In Defense Of Dreamers
- Mexico City Arena Hosting NBA Game Evacuated Due To Smoke (UPDATED: Game Postponed)
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)