Celebrating its 100th birthday, the Copa America is the oldest international soccer competition of its kind, featuring 32 games in 10 cities over the course of 23 days (June 3-26).
Jared Borgetti, the former top scorer for the Mexican National Soccer Team (and Wonderful Pistachios ambassador), is passionate about soccer just as much as the fans. Around the country, soccer enthusiasts are joining Borgetti to cheer for their favorite teams during the most important soccer tournament in Latin America. As a former soccer pro, Borgetti wants to share the following five easy tips to help you enjoy the Copa to the maximum:
1. Complete a soccer draft: To keep the excitement throughout the duration of the tournament, invite your friends to write down their predictions for each match. You can even put a couple of bucks down as a prize for the winner.
2. Host a party: Invite family and friends over and surprise them with healthy and yummy treats like fruit, nuts or dark chocolate. Change beer and sodas for natural beverages such as water and natural fruit juices. Don’t forget to bring out the big screen!
3. Stay active: Motivate your family and friends to stay active by organizing games prior to a match. Consider your neighborhood or community for teams. A good way to get organized is to rally people by creating teams by street names, suburb names or even family names. Give it a try!
4. Avoid the riddles and understand the game: Even though we are always going to support our favorite team, we shouldn’t bring down people that support a different team. Soccer is a beautiful sport, so let’s not bring negativity into this game. We have to understand que a veces se gana y otras se pierde.
5. Stay on track: Soccer stars are not made from day to night and a healthy lifestyle is key in their path to success. Make sure that you stay on track with healthy eating habits and being active even after the tournament finishes. Your body and mind will thank you later.