Fast Food Workers Strike in Time for Labor Day - Page 2
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 08/30/2013 - 10:13 |
"In fact, nearly half of restaurant workers are teenagers and more than 70 percent are younger than 25 who look to the industry for jobs where they can have a flexible schedule while earning an income," Pappas continued.
The National Retail Federation said in a statement Thursday that the protests constituted “yet more theater orchestrated by organized labor, for organized labor.”
The current minimum wage is $7.25 which was set in place in 2009.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder