Abandoned Walmart Becomes Largest Public Library
By Latina Staff | 07/06/2012 - 12:13 |
Many times abandoned places are left behind, but not in this case. What once was a Walmart is now the largest single-story public library in the United States, reports the design trade site PSFK.com. The McAllen Public Library in McAllen, Texas is the size of 2.5 football fields (124,500 square foot) and has been selected by the International Interior Design Association as the winner of their 2012 Library Interior Design Competition.
Read the rest and check out photos of the cool library at Univision News.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)
- Junot Diaz Speaks Out After Insults To His Dominican-ness
- School Science Project Goes Terribly Wrong, Hospitalizing Students
- Erika Andiola: Stop Deportations First, Then Fight For Legislation