Money Matters: Holiday Hottie
12/15/2012 - 11:00 ||
While you’re out fulfilling everyone else’s wish list this season, you may end up with tired eyes, pulled-back hair and the inevitable high-grade seasonal stress. Not exactly ideal since you’ll also want to look pretty and presentable at the countless holiday parties and gatherings.
Multi-tasking to the rescue.
In the midst of these manic moments while you’re out purchasing presents for love-ones and potentially running late for eggnog with the coworkers, take a mini-break and indulge in free or discounted on-site beauty services. They will actually save you time and money.
Some tips for looking hot and feeling cool this December:
- Hit a department store that has a salon. Request an apprentice or junior stylist over a senior stylist and schedule your appointment for when you’re done shopping.
- Have your makeup done for free at the counter where you are picking up some products as presents.
- Receive a mini-facial when sampling a new skincare line.
- Try out new nail shades and textures and give yourself a quickie manicure at no cost at the new nail bars popping up in specialty shops.
- Say yes to the seasonal spritzer girls. Pick up samples of all the new fragrances and test them out at your various end-of-year festivities.
MONTHLY MONEYSMART TIP: Even when you’re busy, still make it a priority to hit the gym. It will help with your physique, not to mention your sanity. Download the new GymPact app and commit with friends -- or create your own system that implements penalties for skipping a sweat session. For each missed workout, load an agreed-upon minimum to your prepaid credit card. When you reach physical goals, reward yourself with clothing that flatters your new and improved shape.
Log onto https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/ to get more information about MasterCard Prepaid Cards.
This content is the sole property of Latina Media Ventures. It cannot be sold, replicated or transferred in any way without permission. Additionally, it reflects opinions that may or may not be representative of our advertisers, and is not endorsed content in any way.
Brought to you by
THE MASTERCARD PREPAID CARD -- More convenience, less stress and all the local attractions your heart desires.