By Amaris Castillo | 01/25/2013 - 15:57 | 0 Comments
Get ready to be swept away with our latest Latino & Engaged: Hot Couple of the Week.
Meet 25-year-old migrant advocate Yulliana Novoa (nicknamed Yulli) and 26-year-old social studies teacher Franz Villate...
By Amaris Castillo | 01/18/2013 - 14:12 | 0 Comments
Since kicking off our Latino & Engaged: Hot Couple of the Week column several weeks ago, we’ve been swamped with lovely emails from couples wanting to share their stories.
We’re excited to share this week’s engaged ...
By Amaris Castillo | 01/11/2013 - 19:50 | 0 Comments
By Amaris Castillo | 01/04/2013 - 13:52 | 0 Comments
Here at Latina, we love hearing stories of love. We’re talking about heartbeat-jolting, weak-in-the-knees kind of love! The kind that makes you want to shout your feelings out to the entire world, and even spill to your mami.
Which is why we’re launching a new column called Latino & Engaged: Hot Couple of...
By Valerie Tejeda | 10/20/2012 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
There is something special about a good friend. Research shows that friendships are important for our sense of vitality, social support, comfort and continuity in our lives. Just like a romantic relationship, sometimes a friendship can end – either with a falling out or simply from growing apart. J. Maria Bermudez, Ph.D., LMFT, Professor of Marriage and...
By Samantha Leal | 10/02/2012 - 16:16 | 0 Comments
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, a time to bring awareness to the issue in hopes of ending the cycle of abuse. One in four women are victims of domestic violence at some point in their lives, with 20 percent of women in Hispanic households suffering partner violence. It's up to us to stop the abuse! If you or someone you know is being...
By Jenna Birch | 08/29/2012 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
Does it ever seem like you’re just on the verge of happiness in a new romance, when your friend suddenly steps in to plant a seed of doubt or drive a wedge between you and your man? Brea, 21, has been there. Her friends threw her a surprise birthday party a couple years back, and one of her good guy friends was in attendance. She talked to him periodically throughout the...
By Valerie Tejeda | 08/20/2012 - 15:00 | 0 Comments
Ready to spice up your relationship? Sujeiry Gonzalez, known by many as the “Latina Carrie Bradshaw,” is a relationship expert and author of Love Trips: A Collection of Relationship Stumbles. Read on for her easy ways to get back the spark – fast!
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder