By Sujeiry Gonzalez | 12/31/2009 - 12:00 | 0 Comments
Tomorrow ushers in a new year and my romantic life has already started off with a bang. And by bang I mean an explosion of weirdness. To start off with, a bald, 50-something year old man totally hit on me while I was visiting my aunt in the ICU. As doctors were running numerous tests on my tia, he turned to me and said, "You look good! Real good!" What a sin verguenza!...
By Mariela Rosario | 12/29/2009 - 11:11 | 1 Comment
For the first time, a gay couple has married in Latin America. After pursuing a legal battle earlier this year, a court in Buenos Aires, ruled in favor of Alex Freyre and Jose Maria di Bello, deeming a ban on same-sex marriage illegal and ordering proper authorities to grant the couple a marriage license. But on the night before what was...
By Dolores | 12/28/2009 - 15:48 | 0 Comments
I’m 23 years old and I’m getting married in two months, but I’m really scared because I’m a virgin. I have no experience whatsoever. Maybe it was wrong to hold on to my virginity this long, but I’m old- fashioned (that’s why I never had sexual relations with my novio). What should I do to get rid of my fears?
By Dolores | 12/25/2009 - 11:00 | 0 Comments
I’ve been married for just about eight months, and my husband wants to go out sometimes to hang out with his friends. My question is, should I let him go once in a while? He’s Caucasian and thinks its okay for husbands and wives to do things on their own. As a Latina, I was taught differently. According to my father, I should not let my...
By Sujeiry Gonzalez | 12/25/2009 - 09:00 | 0 Comments
The holiday season can make me feel a little blah. I love spending time with my family, drinking coquito, eating pernil, and dancing to a good merengue ripao—but when its time for gift-giving my single status hits me like a ton of Santa’s coal. Watching my sister, brother and mother trade gifts with their significant others doesn’t give me the warmest feeling. I’m happy...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'