Paraguayan Couple Together For 80 Years Finally Decides To Get Married
By Fox News Latino | 10/18/2013 - 09:10 |
By most accounts, it was a traditional wedding ceremony. The bride wore a white gown with flowers woven into her hair. The groom opted for a dress shirt.
They held hands as the priest conducted the ceremony.
But this wasn’t just any regular wedding.
Jose Manuel Riella, the groom, is 103 years old. The bride, Martina Lopez, is 99. The Paraguayans have been together for 80 years, and have eight children together, but they had never tied the knot in the eyes of the church.
So they decided, after eight decades, to make their union official.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'
- Civil Rights Groups Ask Texas Police To Stop Using Tasers On Students
- Mexico World Cup Draw: El Tri Lands In Group A With Brazil, Croatia And Cameroon