Keep that spark alive by shaking off those tired routines and trying some of these creative ideas.
- Sign up for a class together. Learn how to hold things down in the kitchen or get certified in first aid. You could always practice your CPR techniques on each other.
- Tackle a fear together and encourage each other along the way.
- Volunteer for a cause you’re both passionate about.
- Attempt a DIY project for your home together. Sure, there’s the risk that you’ll have to place an emergency call to the plumber, but imagine the pride if you and “Mr. Fix-It” do succeed.
- Add a bit of spontaneity to date night by writing your ideas onto pieces of paper and tossing them into a bowl. Whenever you feel like hitting the town, reach into that bowl and go with the flow.
- Spend time apart. Let him hang with the boys while you call up the girls for a ladies’ night out.
- Steam up the shower: Jump in right after him.
- Make it a point to share at least one passionate head-feels-woozy, 10-second kiss every day.
- Switch out tired pet names like “babe” and “hun” for ones that actually hold special meaning.
- Nurture his emotional side by asking about his workday, or get interested in his favorite sports teams.
For 15 more ways to rev up your romance, pick up the August issue of Latina on sale now