It’s almost that wonderful time of year filled with pool-side parties, days in the park and fun in the sand. As the temperature warms up, get ready for the sunshine with easy-to-follow fitness tips to help you break a sweat.
Work up a sweat with fun workout tips below with #100PorCientoTu and fitness and lifestyle expert Idalis Velazquez, whose mission is to help women and men of all backgrounds and fitness levels live life in shape and good health, as well as reach their own personal best.
1. Prioritize strength training If you want a bikini body prioritize strength training in your workout regimen, this is non-negotiable. Here are some benefits to committing to a full-body strength-training program at least three times:
- Increase your metabolism and burn more calories for 24 to 48 hours post workout
- Develop lean muscles to achieve the “toned” look must women want
Perform exercises that use more than one muscle group in a circuit to make your workouts efficient and maximize your workout time.
2. Give your glutes and core a little extra love! Your glutes (butt muscles) are the biggest muscles in your body, so working them out is one of the best ways to burn calories. The following exercises will activate your glutes and core muscles to help you get the most out of your workouts and look your best this summer.
- Hip thrusts
- Hip bridges
- Planks after warming up and before each workout
3. Add Some Intervals To increase fat-loss and expedite results, add some high intensity intervals to your cardio training routine. Studies have shown that these are far more effective in terms of burning body fat than doing steady cardio alone by being time-efficient.
4. Stay in Motion by Sneaking Movement into your Day Parking further away, choosing the stairs over elevator and adding 3-5 minutes of exercises like plank holds, squats, pushups and lunges during your lunch break can make a big impact in your overall fitness and help you expedite results. Adding these short bursts of movements into your day can help you boost your metabolism and accelerate results.