My parents started traveling from New York and bringing me to Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida since I was 6 months old. Throughout my childhood, we went once a year to Walt Disney World® for family vacations, often with my older siblings, grandparents and extended family members. Some years we visited more than once in the year and it was from these trips that my love for Disney began. I associated Disney with all things beautiful and magical. Besides the fun adventure of being able to experience rides and meet my favorite characters - like Minnie, Mickey and Cinderella – I was just as excited to be on Walt Disney World® property. The hotels were filled with Disney themed mementoes. From beloved Disney character decorations in the hotel rooms to Mickey Mouse shaped waffles served at the restaurants. Everywhere was a reminder of the wonderful fairytale destination that we were happily spending time together as a family. It’s now easier than ever to create a customized and memorable Walt Disney World® vacation for any family.
A great place to start planning is visiting the Walt Disney World® website to reserve a Disney Resort hotel room, purchase theme park tickets and make dining reservations. There are so many choices to select on the website that can be categorized based on length of stay, preference of amenities, character experiences, favorite type of dining and more. Be sure to check out the Walt Disney World® Facebook Page and Twitter for exclusive content, information, savings and special offers. (In addition, you can contact a Disney reservation specialist, who could help you purchase theme park tickets, reserve hotel rooms, make dining selections and answer your questions).
After booking your Walt Disney World® Resort vacation, tools are available to help personalize your experience - before and during your visit - that are available online or from a smartphone. With Disney FastPass+ Service, you’ll be able to reserve time to visit some attractions, entertainment experiences and Disney character experiences before you even leave home. You can start making selections as early as 30 days before you arrive, or up to 60 days before check-in when you have a Walt Disney World® Resort vacation package. Also, Disney FastPass+ Service lets you reserve spots to view select fireworks, shows and parades and lets you make select changes on the go. Best of all, it’s complimentary because it’s included in your theme park admission.
You can now have all-in-one magical access to Walt Disney World® experiences you selected in your reservations with MagicBands. MagicBands are colorful, waterproof wristbands—resembling a watch or bracelet—that you can quickly and easily touch to a sensor called a touch point. Cards work in a similar fashion, but physically resemble a plastic credit card or driver’s license. Both MagicBands and cards allow you to travel lighter throughout your vacation. Use your MagicBand to enter your Disney Resort hotel room and access Walt Disney World® Parks and Disney FastPass+ attractions and shows. You can even charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (available during your hotel stay).
You can connect and link your reservations by following 5 easy steps.
1. Register or sign in to MyDisneyExperience.com.
2. Link Your Reservation. Once you’re signed in to MyDisneyExperience.com, enter your Resort Confirmation number.
3. Link Your Walt Disney World® Ticket or Pass. (If you have a room and ticket package for a select Walt Disney World Resort hotel, your tickets will be included when you link your Disney Resort reservation and you can skip Step 3). To access Disney FastPass+ service, you’ll need to link a ticket or pass for each member of your travel party age three (3) or older.
4. Customize Your MagicBands. Choose “Personalize MagicBands” to select MagicBands for your travel party. Be sure to choose your MagicBands and confirm your address at least 11 days prior to your arrival.
5. Select your FastPass+ Experiences, Make Dining Reservations and Explore My Disney Experience, Including Online Check-in at Select Disney Resort Hotels. Simply choose these options from My Disney Experience.
Disney provides the resources you need to make your Walt Disney World® vacation easy, connected and convenient so you can enjoy each moment with family and friends. Want to experience your own unforgettable Walt Disney World® vacation?
Enter for your chance to win a Walt Disney World® vacation for 8 from Latina on Latina.com/unforgettable.
Disney gave me a complementary Walt Disney World® vacation to write about my experience. All opinions are my own.