WORKIN’ ON YOUR FITNESS
To say the holidays are an indulgent time of year is an understatement. That’s part of their charm. So instead of depriving yourself, why not give in to the craving (in moderation) and later work it off at the gym? Sounds like a plan to us!
Here are 5 strategies for staying in shape when treats abound.
- Don’t spiral out of control. Pick your poison. Indulge in one fatty food or highly caloric dessert or drink per event. Maybe two. Otherwise stick to healthy options.
- Don’t mindlessly eat. While wrapping presents or writing cards, don’t snack out of boredom. Save your appetite (and the calories) for something worth it.
- Visualize yourself in your favorite or most fitted holiday outfits – or better yet, the bathing suit you plan to wear after the holidays for winter break – before you decide whether to indulge. It may help you put that eggnog down.
- Plan workouts with your guy or your friends. Making it social makes it more fun and also keeps you accountable for showing up.
- Be active. If you don’t have as much time to hit the gym, power walk while shopping, swap out your office chair for a stability ball, dance at every holiday party, throw a snowball, go caroling. You get the idea!
BEAUTY BLOGGER WEIGHS IN
“If your family has a huge selection of food, instead of loading up plates, sample everything. If that’s still a challenge, only eat half of what you served yourself and take the rest home for another meal.” – Sonia Castaneda
DAILY SWEEPS PRIZE
Go the extra mile with ultra-cool BCBG Headphones, valued at $68.