By Cristina Arreola | 12/05/2013 - 17:44 | 0 Comments
Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s first black president and an icon of anti-apartheid revolution, died on Thursday evening, the government announced.
The cause of death was a lung infection that resulted from the tuberculosis contracted while serving 27 years as a political prisoner....
By Samantha Leal | 12/04/2013 - 14:41 | 0 Comments
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, who is rumored to be gearing up for a 2016 presidential run, may want to rethink his hiring strategy. He recently fired a campaign aide for posting racist tweets, reports Gawker.
Taylor Palmisano, a 23-year-old campaign aide, was fired after previous tweets revealed her to have pretty racist...
By Fox News Latino | 12/04/2013 - 13:26 | 0 Comments
A Texas middle school principal has been placed on paid leave after she banned the speaking of Spanish by students while in class.
In Hempstead, a town of about 6,000 about 50 miles northwest of Houston, a school district spokeswoman confirmed that Amy Lacey has been placed on leave pending investigation of her Nov. 12 announcement...
Exorcisms On The Rise In Mexico: Many Say Drug Problems & Violence Due To An "Infestation of Demons"
By Cristina Arreola | 12/03/2013 - 14:28 | 0 Comments
Warning: Don’t read this if you like to sleep at night.
Mexican priests are reportedly overworked and exhausted thanks to a surge in exorcisms and demon activity in the country. According to BBC News, some priests are unable to take new cases, because they are expelling as many as one demon per...
By Latina Staff | 12/03/2013 - 14:13 | 0 Comments
If the holidays are supposed to be about fun and catching up with family and friends, why do they always seem to drive us loco? Sure, there is a ton of pressure to get the perfect gift and throw a great party, but that doesn't mean you need to spend lots of time planning or break the bank.
This season, we asked style and beauty expert...
By Irina Gonzalez | 12/02/2013 - 11:37 | 0 Comments
We all need a little shopping help around the holidays. The thing we don't need, though, is a horrible gift that we can't return. You all know what I'm talking about: that scarf that's the wrong color, the universal remote that makes you go "huh?," the book that you have no intention of reading. There are a lot of bad gifts out there so, yes, we had to do it: we...
By Pauline Campos | 12/02/2013 - 09:30 | 0 Comments
I met a guy while out for my birthday with friends. Before the night was over, we’d made out, he’d asked me what I wanted for my birthday and asked me back to his place (I let him know that’s not my style). After texting each other for a week, I reminded him about his birthday offer and asked him to join me for a movie date....
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder