By Lee Hernandez | 12/05/2011 - 17:07 | 0 Comments
When Stacey Dash quit her starring role on VH1’s hit show Single Ladies last month, we were bummed that we’d no longer have a Latina star on the VH1 dramedy. Today, we were relieved to read the ...
By Amaris Castillo | 11/28/2011 - 16:40 | 0 Comments
Q’orianka Kilcher is one fierce chica.
The 21-year-old of part-Peruvian descent stars in Syfy’s new upcoming mini-series Neverland. The series, which bases itself as a prequel to J.M. Barrie’s classic Peter Pan, follows Peter and his fellow pickpocketing...
By Amaris Castillo | 11/21/2011 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
The 43-year-old Spanish-bred singer Carlos Marín is the baritone member of the pop operatic quartet Il Divo, which was founded by The X Factor’s Simon Cowell. Il Divo, which has sold more than 26 million albums worldwide, has a new album out titled Wicked Game. The album,...
By Amaris Castillo | 11/07/2011 - 12:00 | 0 Comments
Being Alexa Vega’s (Spy Kids) younger sister, we’re guessing Makenzie Vega may feel like she has some big shoes to fill, but she's not letting that get in her way!
The 17-year-old part-colombiana actress stars in CBS’ legal drama The Good Wife...
By Amaris Castillo | 10/31/2011 - 13:42 | 0 Comments
Not many 23-year-olds can say they star in a film helmed by renowned director Pedro Almodóvar. Luckily for Blanca Suárez, she can.
The Spanish actress stars alongside Antonio Banderas in La Piel Que Habito (The Skin I Live In), an eccentric horror film based on Tarantula...
By Lee Hernandez | 10/24/2011 - 11:30 | 0 Comments
Following a memorable and funny turn as Mark Ruffalo’s friend and lover in last year’s Oscar nominated film, The Kids Are All Right, Brazilian actress Yaya DaCosta has a new role in In Time—a sci-fi thriller about money and immortality—which stars Justin Timberlake and...
By Lee Hernandez | 10/17/2011 - 09:29 | 0 Comments
The next Latina to win an Oscar following Penelope Cruz’s coup for 2009’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona will not be—as you might expect—Salma Hayek, Jennifer Lopez, Eva Mendes or some other A-list Latina star. Instead, it’s a relatively...
By Amaris Castillo | 10/10/2011 - 13:19 | 0 Comments
We're proud to report that Puerto Rican actress Ziah Colon is one of the stars of the highly anticipated remake of Footloose, which hits theaters nationwide this Friday, October 14th!
In the movie, which is of course based on the successful 1984 classic about a small town where music and dancing are banned, Colon...
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder