International Women's Day
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 03/08/2011 - 13:30 | 0 Comments
In her first major trip since becoming head of the newly created UN Women, the United Nations’ agency for gender equality, Former Chilean President Michelle Bachelet celebrated International Women’s Day today in Liberia, alongside the African country’s first female president. It was a joyous moment, with Bachelet taking part in local dances and visiting...
By Carla Molina Martins | 03/08/2010 - 08:00 | 0 Comments
Did you know March 8th is International Women's Day? It's celebrated globally and draws attention to the "economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future." I'm not one to jump in on contructed holiday celebrations but being a mami and on top of that a mami to...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'