By Huffington Post Latino Voices | 10/26/2011 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
In the eyes of the federal government, Carlos is still an undocumented immigrant.
But four years ago, the city of New Haven, Conn., issued Carlos -- his real name has been changed at his request due to privacy concerns -- its own form of documentation: a municipal ID. The ID allowed him, for the first time, to open a bank account, apply for hospital services,...
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 09/28/2011 - 15:30 | 0 Comments
In an unprecedented 50-minute chat streamed live online, President Obama sat down with Latino journalists in the White House’s map room to answer an array of questions posed by Hispanics nationwide. Among his comments: He expects a viable Latino presidential candidate within his lifetime.
In “Open for Questions,” journalists from...
By Adriana Rivera | 07/15/2011 - 11:30 | 0 Comments
When Shakira and Gerard Pique arrive in Miami, you know the party has only begun!
This week, the Colombian singer and Spanish soccer player went out on the town, starting at Zuma Miami at midnight for a (super) late dinner with some friends and followed by some steamy dancing at Mokai. Pique even reportedly let loose and sprayed Moet...
- Yahoo Buys Tumblr For $1.1B, Its Most Expensive Acquisition In A Decade
- NYC Man Charged For Murder In Gay Hate Crime
- Immigration Reform Faces Threat From Drug Cartel Towns
- San Antonio Spurs Scorch Memphis Grizzlies In Game 1
- Miguel’s Kicking Performance At The Billboard Awards Leaves Fan With A Headache