Today, an estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease and it affects women of all ethnicities, including Hispanics. Here are 5 facts about Latinas and heart disease:
1) Hispanic women are likely to develop heart disease 10 years earlier than Caucasian women.
2) Only 1 in 3 Hispanic women are aware that heart disease is their No. 1 killer.
3) Only 3 in 10 Hispanic women say they have been informed that they are at a higher risk.
4) Only 1 in 4 Hispanic women is aware of treatment options.
5) Hispanic women are more likely to take preventive actions for their family when it comes to heart health.
Go to page 2 to read about Latina readers' health habits >>>