Jennifer Lopez recently released a teaser for her upcoming music video "Same Girl." The 44-year-old superstar was looking flawless and we were loving the hairdos she was sporting in the sneak peek. We caught up with hairstylist Elsa Canedo, who worked with J.Lo on the video for "Same Girl," to get the scoop on how to achieve her looks.
"The inspiration for this album is a full circle story of Jennifer's life since her On the Six album," Elsa said. "The looks were very relaxed and real, but we tossed in a few braids to give it some Bronx flavor."
Elsa gave J.Lo various styles for her music video, from sleek loose waves to fun braids, and here's how you can recreate the looks from her "Same Girl" teaser:
1. jlo waves
2. jlo curling iron
3) Using a 1-inch curling iron, take 1 1/2-inch sections of hair starting at the nape and working up. Wrap the hair around the open barrel of the curling iron, leaving the ends out.
3. jlo hairspray
4) Mist hair with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray ($32) and run fingers throughout to loosen up the curls.
4. jlo braid
Get the Look -- Braided:
2) Starting at the nape of the neck, take 1/2-inch sections of hair and flat iron to make hair silky smooth.
3) Part hair into two sections with one part going down the center and the other two starting above the temples where the hairline recedes. French braid each section, starting both braids close to the center part and gradually shifting the braid placement toward the outside parting. "This gives the braids a 'V' shape at the top of the head," Elsa explained.
4) Take 1/2-inch sections of hair on both sides of the head and French braid on a slight angle up towards the back, ending just at the bottom of the crown of the head.
5) Take all four braids in the back and make one large braid to finish the look.