Summer is finally in full swing, which is great for achieving that bronze glow we all love, but not always great for our hair. When the weather changes from cold and dry to hot and humid, it can reek havoc on your locks—especially if you’re a curly girl, since ringlets tend to be more porous. We spoke to 3 of the best stylists in the industry to get their advice on how to beat the frizzes, because sleek strands should always be achievable in our beauty book.
1. Prepare Your Hair for the Year, Not the Seasons
2. Work With the Elements
3. When the Humidity is Really Horrendous…
4. Pack Your Bag Wisely
5. Indulge in a Jasmine Treatment
6. Or, a Keratin Treatment
7. Play With Different Styles
8. Don’t Forget to Heat Protect!
9. Take it Slow and Skip the Gel
10. Frizz-Free is As Easy as Uno, Dos, Tres
- Don’t rough towel-dry your hair, but press the towel into your ends (soaking up like a sponge) instead.
- When you choose to blow-dry your hair, opt for a natural bristle brush go section-by-section, creating tension to smooth each piece.
- Avoid touching hair often because it creates friction, causing frizz-prone strands.