Short hair is very in right now, but some of us are too reluctant to make the cut – including celebrities! Thankfully, there’s an easy way to rock the short hair look without a permanent commitment. Take a look at the stars who has rocked the faux “bob” look – and find out how to get the look yourself:
1. Faux Bob: Eva Mendes
The actress smoldered in this wavy faux bob look.
2. Faux Bob: Paulina Rubio
Paulina recently hit the red carpet sporting this easy, tousled ‘do. We think she looks great!
3. Faux Bob: Jessica Alba
The entrepreneur and actress sported a chic version for Paris Fashion Week.
4. Faux Bob: Penelope Cruz
Cruz’s retro wave faux bob definitely turned heads at the 84th Annual Academy Awards.
5. Faux Bob: Naya Rivera
Naya kept it simply “short” at the 53rd annual GRAMMY awards.
6. Faux Bob: Selena Gomez
Gomez kept her hair off her shoulders at the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
7. Faux Bob: Nicole Richie
The fashionista looked beautiful with her version of the faux cropped ‘do.
8. Faux Bob: Jennifer Lopez
J.Lo rocked the curly version at the MET Costume Institute Benefit Gala in 2007.
9. Faux Bob: Eva Longoria
Eva went for a super short, curly faux bob in 2008 – love it!
10. Faux Bob: Do It Yourself
How to Do it Yourself!
Sonna Brado, KMS California Artistic Director, gives an easy step-by-step how-to:
1. Prepare hair by curling it with a 1.5” barrel iron, spraying KMS California HAIRPLAY dry wax ($18.99) on each section.
2. Next, lightly backcomb the crown to give volume.
3. Divide hair into 3 ponytails and pull elastic down the tail.
4. Beginning with the middle tail, roll each tail up, tucking the ends into the roll, and pin using large bobby pins. It helps if you use 2 large pins and cross them in an x.
5. Roll the sides in to complete the Faux Bob.
6. Finish by loosening up the sides and spraying with more KMS California HAIRPLAY dry wax ($18.99) or KMS California HAIRSTAY dry xtreme hairspray ($17.99).