By Amaris Castillo | 04/18/2013 - 10:58 | 0 Comments
The U.S. Senate failed to pass legislation on Wednesday that would expand background checks for those wanting to buy guns, causing many people to become upset, including Gabrielle Giffords, the politician who was a victim of a tragic shooting near Tucson on Jan. 8, 2011 that left six people dead and 12 wounded.
In a moving opinion piece for...
By Mariela Rosario | 01/12/2011 - 16:30 | 1 Comment
Rep. Raul Grijlalva (D-AZ) talked Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! yesterday about the recent senseless shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. He knew Giffords well and worked with her both in their home state and...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'