Latina Food, Latino Cuisine, Hispanic Cuisines, Latin-American Foods
By Verky Arcos | 02/15/2010 - 11:00 | 0 Comments
47 8th Ave
New York, NY 10014
I cannot believe this cute Venezuelan bistro has been around for three years and I’ve been missing out! I’ve noticed Pasita before, but given the location between Greenwich Village and the Meat Packing District, I was always passing it while searching out the...
By Mariela Rosario | 02/11/2010 - 18:11 | 4 Comments
Did you know that a ton of foods regularly used in Latin cuisine are actually tried and true aphrodisiacs? Perhaps these magical ingredients are behind our legendary status as being the some of the best lovers in the world? Read on for a break down of some of the main ingredients that scientists have found to increase feelings of euphoria:
- An amino acid called...
By Stephanie Nolasco | 02/10/2010 - 13:20 | 1 Comment
Fall in love at first sip with these scandalous, yummy cocktails. Whether it’s chocolate that you crave or you’re just feeling a bit vengeful, here are the top Valentine’s Day cocktails for any occasion.
Top Valentine’s Day Cocktail: Agave Kiss
If you’re looking for a drink that screams “get on top,” why not...
By Diana Delatorre | 02/05/2010 - 17:07 | 1 Comment
Early in his career, chef Jose Andres trained at the legendary El Bulli under none other than the famed Ferran Adria. Hearing the announcement that El Bulli will close for the next two years, I felt wistful for a taste of Spain and a bit depressed that I may never have the chance to eat at...
By Verky Arcos | 01/29/2010 - 18:00 | 0 Comments
82 South 4th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Latitude Zero just celebrated its one year anniversary, so I thought it was perfect timing to check out this South American hot spot out. I brought my two gringa girlfriends in the hopes of sharing something new and exciting with them and to my...
By Verky Arcos | 01/22/2010 - 17:12 | 3 Comments
The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
101 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Fig—named after the 100 year old tree sitting in front of the Fairmont Miramar hotel the restaurant calls home—is all about making delicious dishes with the best local and seasonal ingredients. The Fairmont...
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Poverty reduction stalls in LatAm, U.N. panel reports
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'
- Poverty Reduction In Latin America Is Slowing, UN Says
- Creating A Hilarious Telenovela Is The Best Way To Do Spanish Homework (VIDEO)