It's summertime and the sippin' is sexy! Mix up these cool, warm-weather cocktails created by the barmen at Miami's Rumbar for a picnic, pool party, or Independence Day celebration. (They're also great for a party of two: you and your air conditioner!) Salud!
Next Slideshow: 7 Scientific Reasons to Drink More Tequila
This flirty champagne cocktail is a perfect patio party drink. Sip poolside or serve before a sunset dinner with friends. Anyway you work it, the Ambrosia will add a little sultry sweetness to your next get-together.
- 1 ounce Applejack
- 1 ounce Brandy
- ½ ounce Triple Sec
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces champagne
- fresh strawberries, to garnish
- Fill shaker with ice and add all ingredients except champagne. Shake well.
- Strain mixture into a champagne flute.
- Fill with champagne and stir gently.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry.
Who doesn't love a Piña Colada? No one we know. The Ritz Carlton Piña Colada blends dark and light rums for added depth of flavor. Top with pineapple wedges and a Marschino cherry and you've got yourself a sweet sip that's perfect for a chilled out summer's eve.
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1½ ounces crème of coconut
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce dark Jamaican rum
- ½ cup ice
- pineapple wedges and Maraschino cherries, to garnish
- In a blender, combine first 5 ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended ingredients into the bottom of glass, slightly shaking glass to distribute mixture evenly.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges and a cherry and pour additional dark Jamaican rum down the straw.
The Key Lime Mango Madness blends sweet, tart, and creamy to cocktail confection perfection! Vanilla and cream balance the acidity of the lime juice and the fruitiness of the mango. Added bonus: this delicious summer sip is as gorgeous to look at as it is delightful to drink.
- 2 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 ounces chunky mango puree
- 3 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce low fat cream
- dash of vanilla bean paste
lime zest, lime twists, lime wheels and palm tips (to garnish)
- Coat rim of martini glass with crushed graham cracker.
- Coat bottom of glass with 2 ounces mango puree.
- Place vodka, lime juice, low fat cream and vanilla bean paste in a molecular whipping bottle.
- Shake and chill in ice or freezer.
- Garnish with lime zest, four lime twists, lime wheel and fresh palm tip.