Steak and Chimichurri Toasts
02/21/2008 - 20:48 | 0 Comments|
Argentinian chimichurri sauce make the perfect drizzle for these grilled steak hors d'oeuvres.
1 cup packed parsley
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 flank steaks (1 lb. each)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 thin baguette (16 oz), cut into 40 slices
1. Make the chimichurri: In a food processor, combine parsley, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes and blend until smooth.
2. Prepare steak: Place steaks in a large glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush meat with 2 tablespoons chimichurri sauce. Cover steaks and remaining sauce separately and refrigerate at least 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
3. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place bread slices on large baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake until just firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer to large platter.
4. Preheat the broiler. Transfer meat to rimmed baking sheet and broil until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Halve each steak along the grain. Cut each half crosswise against grain into 10 slices.
5. Top each piece of toast with 1 piece of meat. Spread each with some chimichurri sauce; place on platter. Spoon remaining sauce into small bowl and place in center of platter. Serve warm or let stand up to 2 hours at room temperature.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion