Qsine is one cruise ship restaurant that's seriously loco — in the best way possible. The idea behind the whimsical venue aboard Celebrity Cruises, is to take you on a culinary journey that delivers elements of surprise and delight. Before you even get to the food, you are seated in chairs with one arm, while full wine glasses rest on their side in front of you (think: Alice in Wonderland-meets-Top Chef). The menus come on iPads and feature fantastic fusion dishes like Lobster Escargot, Sushi Lollipops, and our personal favorite — the Treseviche, which is a tiny trio of salmon citrus, sea bass, and shrimp and scallop varities that will seriously please your palate. Try this simple, yet impressive, recipe out at home for your next tapas-style dinner party!
Shrimp and Scallops Ceviche
- 1/2 pound (Tiger) shrimp (30-35, deveined, chopped)
- 1/2 pound bay scallops (cleaned, chopped)
- 1 cup plum (Roma) tomatoes (diced small)
- 1 cup fresh red bell pepper (brunoise cut)
- 1 cup fresh yellow bell pepper (brunoise cut)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (chiffonade)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime zest (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh jalapeño (seeded and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili paste
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (ground)
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds (ground)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tequila blanco
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Salmon and Citrus Ceviche
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet (small dice)
- 1/2 cup yuzu citrus juice
- 1 cup European cucumber (seeds removed and finely diced)
- 1/4 cup citrus vodka
- 3 fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange zest (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit segments (diced small)
- 1 cup fresh orange segments (diced small)
- 1/4 cup pickled gingerroot (finely diced)
- 11/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon star anise (finely ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea Bass Ceviche
- 1 pound Chilean sea bass (cubed small)
- 1 cup Choclo corn kernels (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon red onion (chopped)
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon plum (Roma) tomato (seeds removed, diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon scallions (chopped)
- To make shrimp and scallops, chop the seafood into small bite- size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shrimp and scallops ingredients; mix well. Place in plastic container and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the bass ceviche ingredients. Place in airtight container in refrigerator. Marinate 5 hours before serving.
- In a large bowl over ice, mix salmon and citrus ingredients. Place in a plastic container, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Adjust the seasoning with the salt if desired.
- Place each of the ceviches in separate containers and serve chilled.
For more information on Qsine and Celebrity Cruises, click here.