This same preparation technique can be used to make chicken nuggets for children. Just cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, and reduce the cooking time by about half. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
3 2/3 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, beat egg whites with 1 teaspoon water.
3. Place cornflakes in a large, sturdy resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and gently crush cornflakes with hands. Pour cornflakes into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
4. In same plastic bag, combine flour, oregano, thyme, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Seal and shake, thoroughly. Add chicken to bag, seal, and shake until chicken is well coated with flour mixture.
5. Dip each piece of chicken in egg whites then roll in cornflakes. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Lightly coat tops of chicken pieces with cooking spra. Bake, turning once, until chicken is cooked through but still juicy, about 40 minutes,