Instead of frying these chicken strips, you can bake them: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the coated chicken strips on lightly greased baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Turn over each strip and continue baking until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups fine plain breadcrumbs
2 1/2 cups oil, for frying
2 limes or lemons, thinly sliced
2 cups pureed mango
1 1/2 tsp. grated lime or lemon zest
2 tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
2 to 3 fresh ginger slices (about 1/8 inch thick)
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Make the chicken strips: Cut chicken into strips about 1 inch wide and 3 to 4 inches long.
2. In a small bowl, combine salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cumin. Sprinkle and rub mixture onto chicken strips. Dip strips in beaten eggs and roll in breadcrumbs. Shake off excess crumbs.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. In batches, cook chicken until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Arrange strips on serving platter and garnish with lime or lemon slices.
4. Make the mango sauce. In a blender, combine mango puree and 1 cup cold water and process a few seconds, until smooth. Strain through a medium-mesh sieve and discard fibrous residue.
5. In a small bowl, stir 1/4 cup cold water into cornstarch. Pour strained mango mixture into a large saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Stir in lime or lemon zest, lime or lemon juice, ginger slices, marmalade, and sugar. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and stir in cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thick, 12 to 15 minutes. (Remove ginger slices, if desired.)