Everyone loves having fun in the sun. And if you're anything like us, then you appreciate a nice cocktail in hand while you're living it up. The downside to that (aside from the hangovers) is the load of sugar and calories that come packed in all of that fruity deliciousness. That's why we turn to these tried and true low-calorie drinks to ensure that we'll stick to our diets during bikini season. Give them a try and be sure to tell us what you think!
1) CAPE COD (VODKA & CRANBERRY)
• 3 oz diet cranberry juice (if not available use tonic water with splash of cranberry)
• 1 oz 80 proof vodka
• lime wedge for garnish
Preparation: Pour the ingredients into an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Squeeze the lime juice into the drink. Drop the lime wedge into the glass.
• 2-3 oz Diet Sprite Zero or any Diet Citrus Soda
• 1 oz 80 proof white rum
• 3-4 Fresh Mint Leaves
• 1 lime
Preparation: Put the mint leaves into a highball glass and squeeze the lime juice over them, then mix the mint & lime juice together. Add crushed ice. Stir in the rum and top off with the soda. Lastly, garnish with a mint sprig.
3) MICHELADA (MEXICAN BLOODY MARY)
• 1 lime or lemon
• 3 oz of Clamato Tomato Juice (Spicy flavor is my favorite)
• 8 oz Mexican beer (recommended: Corona Light or any light beer. There’s also Bud Light Chelada which already has the Clamato mixed, but don’t be fooled, the 24 oz can has 302 Calories.)
Preparation: Dip rim into a saucer of salt. Squeeze 1 lime/lemon into a highball glass or pub glass on the rocks. Add 3 oz of Clamato tomato juice. Pour the 8 oz of light beer and stir everything together. Drop the lime/lemon wedge into the glass.