If you still think of huevos only as a breakfast staple, wake up and smell the soufflé. As the following recipe proves, with minimum fuss, eggs can make the perfect plato principal.
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp. butter
5 large flour tortillas (10 inch)
1 can (15 oz.) refried beans with green chiles
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded zucchini
1. In medium bowl, beat together eggs, chili powder, cumin, and 2 tablespoons water until well blended.
2. In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are almost set, 7 to 9 minutes. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9- or 10-inch springform pan
4. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of springform. Spread with half the beans and 1 cup of the Cheddar. Top with a 2nd tortilla, the ricotta, and 1/2 cup of the salsa. Top with a 3rd tortilla, the cooked eggs, and 1/2 cup of the salsa. Top with a 4th tortilla, the remaining beans, the zucchini, and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar. Top with the final tortilla.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the remaining 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup Cheddare. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes to melt cheese. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Remove rim of pan and cut into wedges to serve.