Multi-grain (or whole wheat) tortillas and reduced-fat cheese give these quesadillas a little health makeover.
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 package (8 oz.) large creminins or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
4 multigrain or whole wheat tortillas (12 inch)
1 cup grated reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
4 tbsp. prepared salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste. Continue cooking until mushrooms are browned. Remove from heat and divide mushrooms into 4 equal portions.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until onion turns translucent and pepper is crisp-tende, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and divide onion-pepper mixture into 4 equal portions.
4. Lay tortillas on a work surface. On the bottom half of each tortilla, place 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 portion mushrooms, and 1 portion onion-pepper mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon salsa and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold tortilla over filled half. Repeat process with other quesadillas.
5. Place quesadillas on baking sheet and bake until cheese melts and tortillas turn golden and puff slightly, 10 to 12 minutes . Let cool a few minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.