On top of planning summer vacations, attending summer weddings and trying to fit back into that fabulous bikini that you wore last summer, you'll need to plan your summer menu. With these easy Latin summer recipes—including appetizer, entree and dessert—you can check the menu to-do off your list!
This fabulously sexy appetizer option is something I had in St. Maarten and fell in love with it. Talk about a soothing soup used as a palate cleanser! Made with tarragon foam, you’ll make this shooter, year-round.
BUTTERNUT-ORANGE SOUP with TARRAGON FOAM
Courtesy of The Holland House, St. Maarten
- 1 whole butternut
- 3 oranges for juice
- 1 orange peel for grate
- 10.5 oz heavy cream
- 10.5 oz vegetable stock
For Tarragon foam
- 5.25 oz milk
- 5.25 oz dl heavy cream
- 1 head of tarragon
- 1 tsp. spoon Pernod
- Clean the butternut and cut it in small pieces
- Boil butternut in a little hot water until it’s done
- When boiled butternut is ready, put it (including water), vegetable stock and heavy cream in blender and blend it until it’s smooth
- At the same time put milk and cream in a sauce pan on a low fire
- Add the head of tarragon and let it draw as tea for about 5 minutes
- Add the Pernod after which you use a mixer to create the foam
- Serve the soup in pre-heated deep plates and add the fresh squeezed orange juice and the orange grate to it
- Before serving add fresh grounded pepper and salt for extra taste
- Finally add the foam on top and serve immediately.