This simple guacamole recipe, from Season 3 of Mexico - One Plate at a Time, is featured on the menu at Rick Bayless' Chicago-based Xoco.
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 ripe avocados, preferably the black-skinned Hass
- 1 small white onion (fresh knob onion—green tops still on—is best), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- hot fresh green chiles to taste, stems removed
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh Mexican herbs (such as cilantro, pipisa, or papalo)
- queso fresco and sliced radishes, for garnish