Created exclusively for Latina readers by Brian Sullivan, SVP of Culinary Development at California Pizza Kitchen, this flatbread pizza packs the perfect combination of smoky and spicy flavors.
*This item is not currently on the menu at CPK locations, so enjoy it in your home by following the recipe below:
Queso Fundido Mix
- 1/2 cup Queso Quesadilla Cheese, Grated
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- 2 Tbl Salsa Verde
- 1.5 Tbl Goat Cheese
- 1.5 Tbl Sour Cream
- 1.5 Tbl Cream
- 1 Tbl Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 each, 8 oz Pizza Dough, Rolled very thin and randomly shaped
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbl Salsa Verde
- 1 cup Queso Fundido Mix
- ¼ cup Poblano Pepper, Thin Rings,
- ½ cup Chorizo, Cooked
- 2 Tbl Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 500⁰F and place a baking stone or pizza metal on the lowest rack in the oven.
- In a mixing bowl combine the Queso Quesadilla and the Monterey Jack cheeses.
- In a second bowl combine all other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the cheeses and gently combine until blended but chunky.
- Spread flour over a clean surface (reserving 1 Tbl for the pizza peel) and roll pizza dough as thinly as possible into a random shape approx. 13” across and place on a floured pizza peel.
- In the order above spread all toppings to the edge of the dough.
- Carefully slide flatbread off of the peel and onto the preheated pizza stone of pizza metal.
- Bake until crispy and brown around the edges and the top is bubbling.